[comp.sys.hp] HP9000-840 memory

bobd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu (Bob Debula) (05/03/90)

Does anyone know a reasonably priced source for third party or
used memory for an HP9000-840 (HP's prices for this have to be
seen to be believed)?  We are looking into either an 8 or 16 Mb
expansion (we have 16Mb now).  Thanks for any info you may be
able to provide.

Bob DeBula                    | Internet:   bobd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu
The Ohio State University     | Disclaimer: These are my views, not the U's
"I will not waste network bandwidth", "I will not waste network bandwidth",
"I will not waste.....

bkgray@encore.kent.edu (Brian Gray) (05/03/90)

In article <1264@nisca.ircc.ohio-state.edu> bobd@hpuxa.ircc.ohio-state.edu writes:
>Does anyone know a reasonably priced source for third party or
>used memory for an HP9000-840 (HP's prices for this have to be
>seen to be believed)?  We are looking into either an 8 or 16 Mb
>expansion (we have 16Mb now).  Thanks for any info you may be
>able to provide.

Herstal Automation Ltd.
3171 W. Twelve Mile Rd
Berkley, Michigan  48072
313-548-2010 (FAX)
313-548-2001 (Voice)

They have a wide variety of memory for 1000's and 9000's.  I don't
know if they cary boards for the 840, though.  Their prices are
about half of HP's, and come with a 10 YEAR (yes, I said YEAR) waranty.

Ask about volume discounts and trade-in credits.

We have purchased several boards from them, and had only one failure.  They
FED-EX'ed a replacement with no questions asked.

They also carry high volume disks and tapes, but I haven't compared their
prices with the recent HP offerings.

(I am not affiliated with Herstal; just a VERY happy customer.)

brian