[comp.sys.hp] Enabling softkeys on an HP 9000/345

marka@dsinet (elroy) (06/14/90)

Hello,
  I've run across a little problem here.  We want to be able to use the
8 softkeys on the console of a 9000/345 with an application.  To do this,
we need to make sure the menu is in User mode without having to have the
user do it.  This particular system (with an hp98548 bit-mapped display)
doesn't seem to respond to the escape sequences used by the terminals
for this function.  Does anybody know if there IS a way to enable User
mode from the host, and what the sequence is?  Thanks.

--
Mark Anacker				...!dsinet!marka -or- ...!toybox!msa
Digital Systems International, Inc.	Redmond, WA   USA    (206) 881-7544

rodean@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bruce Rodean) (06/16/90)

In article <282@elroy> marka@dsinet (elroy) writes:
>   I've run across a little problem here.  We want to be able to use the
> 8 softkeys on the console of a 9000/345 with an application.  To do this,
> we need to make sure the menu is in User mode without having to have the
> user do it.  This particular system (with an hp98548 bit-mapped display)
> doesn't seem to respond to the escape sequences used by the terminals
> for this function.  Does anybody know if there IS a way to enable User
> mode from the host, and what the sequence is?  Thanks.

This is what I have in my .profile file:

    /bin/echo "\033&jB\c"

I would expect that a printf() equivalent would do the job for you.

Bruce Rodean
rodean@hpfcla.HP.COM
#include <std.disclaimer>
Not an official response from Hewlett-Packard, and no guarantees made or
implied.