[comp.sys.hp] Network programming questions

barbour@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Jim Barbour) (06/28/90)

Does HP-UX have include files similar to <arpa/*.h> on BSD systems which
describe the protocol of telnet, ftp, etc?

Thanks,

Jim Barbour

jimr@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Jim Rogers) (06/29/90)

/ hp-lsd:comp.sys.hp / barbour@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Jim Barbour) /  9:50 pm  Jun 27, 1990 /
>Does HP-UX have include files similar to <arpa/*.h> on BSD systems which
>describe the protocol of telnet, ftp, etc?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jim Barbour

I am not familiar with the contents of the BSD <arpa/*.h> files, but I think
the information you want is contained in the <netinet/*.h> files in HPUX.
In particular you might be interested in the <netinet/in.h> file which
describes the protocols you mentioned.

You might also be interested in the files <sys/socket.h> and <sys/socketvar.h>.

Jim Rogers
Hewlett Packard

nick@bischeops.UUCP (Nick Bender) (07/03/90)

In article <8250026@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM>, jimr@hp-lsd.COS.HP.COM (Jim Rogers) writes:
> / hp-lsd:comp.sys.hp / barbour@boulder.Colorado.EDU (Jim Barbour) /  9:50 pm  Jun 27, 1990 /
> >Does HP-UX have include files similar to <arpa/*.h> on BSD systems which
> >describe the protocol of telnet, ftp, etc?
> >
> I am not familiar with the contents of the BSD <arpa/*.h> files, but I think
> the information you want is contained in the <netinet/*.h> files in HPUX.
> In particular you might be interested in the <netinet/in.h> file which
> describes the protocols you mentioned.
>
> You might also be interested in the files <sys/socket.h> and <sys/socketvar.h>.

Sorry Jim, wrong tree. And now for the real answer:

No. They aren't included. Grab them from another Un*x box - they will most
likely work (I've used Pyramid's <arpa/telnet.h> without incident). If you
don't have access to any other machines send me mail.

Nick Bender
nick@bis.com
...!uunet!bischeops!nick