[comp.sys.hp] LaserJet Page Count

hamish@waikato.ac.nz (07/06/90)

Hi All!

  Does anyone know the sequence of characters to send an HP Laserjet Series II
printer to make it respond with the total number of pages printed that it keeps
internally? I've tried a lot of things and none of them seem to work. I can't
find a tech ref manual for the thing, so I am turning to you for help.

Please email me as I don't usually read this group.

Thanks in advance.
|  Hamish Marson                        |  Internet  hamish@waikato.ac.nz    |
|  Computer Support Person              |  Phone  (071)562889 xt 8181        |
|  Computer Science Department          |  Amiga 3000 for ME!                |
|  University of Waikato                |                                    |
|Disclaimer:  Anything said in this message is the personal opinion of the   |
|             finger hitting the keyboard & doesn't represent my employers   |
|             opinion in any way. (ie we probably don't agree)               |

richard@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Richard Artz) (07/07/90)

Hamish Marson writes:
>  Does anyone know the sequence of characters to send an HP Laserjet Series II
>printer to make it respond with the total number of pages printed that it keeps
>internally? I've tried a lot of things and none of them seem to work. I can't
>find a tech ref manual for the thing, so I am turning to you for help.
>Please email me as I don't usually read this group.
-------
Gee I thought it was a mechanical counter. And I didn't think you
could get anyting *out* of the serial port. So if anyone has an answer,
please post it here.

THANKS

 (I'm not in the division that makes printers)
 Richard Artz / GSY Learning Products / 303-229-2036 / richard@hpfcww.fc.hp.com
 Hewlett-Packard / MS11 / 3404 E. Harmony Road / Fort Collins, CO 80525-9599