[comp.sys.hp] Netpower: Apollo/HP contrast

jimr@maths.su.oz.au (Jim Richardson) (07/14/90)

In article <344@shrike.AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM> in comp.sys.hp, Daniel A Haug
(aihaug@AUSTIN.LOCKHEED.COM) writes:
DH> Sorry to bother the net (again!), but I've been waiting for almost
DH> THREE WEEKS for HP Tech support to call me on this one!!!! (Yes,
DH> I've called them back, too, over 12 TIMES!!!!!!). [I do hope that
DH> some HP engineers are listening to this, along with their management!!].
DH>
DH>  [ ... details of Lisp problem omitted ... ]
DH>
DH> I'd appreciate hearing from anyone in-the-know who can shed some light
DH> on this.  And I apologize for offending anyone with my attitude, but
DH> this kind of response from HP really stinks.  I've worked with Silicon
DH> Graphics, Sun, and Symbolics tech support... HP doesn't even come close.

I for one am not offended by Dan's attitude: I sympathize because of my own
experiences with slow response from the Apollo Division on APRs (Apollo Pro-
duct Reports).  Admittedly, these are written rather than telephoned.  But
I'd be *overjoyed* if I even got an acknowledgement in three weeks, let alone
an answer.

Urgent APRs that I submitted to the HP Australian Response Centre in February
and March, and which they passed on to Chelmsford, have still not been
officially acknowledged from there.  The Australian team is making great
efforts to change this, and improvements do seem to be imminent (thanks,
guys), but it's been a long time coming.

By the way, has anyone anywhere ever received a reply to an APR emailed to
the address apr_cs_admin@apollo.hp.com given in the mkapr manual page?  Or
do they just ignore Australian ones?

In article <1340130@hpclsun.HP.COM>, jimmyb@hpclsun.HP.COM (Jimmy Benjamin)