[comp.sys.hp] X11R4 with starbase under HP-UX 7.0

tim@chestnut.cs.columbia.edu (Timothy Jones) (07/26/90)

We're thinking about replacing the X11R3 that came with HP-UX 7.0 with
R4.  Before we do this, we need to be sure that it won't screw up
starbase.  Has anyone done this, and can you confirm that starbase still
works?

Thanks in advance,
Tim

gdykes@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Gene Dykes) (07/27/90)

In article <TIM.90Jul25173146@chestnut.cs.columbia.edu> tim@chestnut.cs.columbia.edu (Timothy Jones) writes:
>We're thinking about replacing the X11R3 that came with HP-UX 7.0 with
>R4.  Before we do this, we need to be sure that it won't screw up
>starbase.  Has anyone done this, and can you confirm that starbase still
>works?

The server that you get on the R4 tape will screw up with starbase.  I have
a newer copy of the server that I ftp'd from HP, and it works okay except
for the fact that "twm" will not work with it.  Your mileage may vary.

I got the 800 server from 15.255.72.15 (pub/X.R4.800.Z)  I don't know whether
it is still there, whether there is a 300 server there, or whether I should
even have let you know about it.  I would have waited for Harry Phinney
(harry@hp-pcd.cv.hp.com) to reply to you, but he seems to have been
incommunicado for awhile.  Good luck.
--
Gene Dykes, gdykes@tcgould.tn.cornell.edu