[comp.sys.hp] HP's Software Release/Status Bulletins

wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt) (08/08/90)

oh wow.

to day in the mail i got the "January 1990's software release/status
bulletin" manual.  am i the only one who is getting this in august?  i
can see a month or two delay for printing and such, but 6-7 months?

*sigh*

-wayne

jfk@m-net.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jim Knight) (08/10/90)

I receive my Software status Bulletins and Release Bulletins regularly.
New editions once a quarter, updates once a month.  Check the address on
the package it came in to make sure it's right.

al@cs.strath.ac.uk (Alan Lorimer) (08/14/90)

In article <1990Aug9.214105.5306@m-net.ann-arbor.mi.us> jfk@m-net.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jim Knight) writes:
>I receive my Software status Bulletins and Release Bulletins regularly.
>New editions once a quarter, updates once a month.  Check the address on
>the package it came in to make sure it's right.

I find that the SSRB seems to arrive in fits and starts. Nothing for a
year then three copies in a month. I have on one occasion even
received an SSRB downgrade. The details are hazy, but I remember being
in possesion of a copy dated September, so HP send me an `update'
(dated March) sometime in December.

This particular abberation applied to others at this site, not just to
me.

Alan

Alan G. Lorimer, Strathclyde University, 26 Richmond Street, Glasgow G1 1XH.
UUCP: ...!uunet!mcvax!ukc!strath-cs!al    DARPA: al%cs.strath.ac.uk@nsf.ac.uk
Tel. +44 41 552 4400 Ext.  3592		  JANET: al@uk.ac.strath.cs

dwg@bpdsun1.uucp (David W. Glessner) (08/15/90)

In article <WAYNE.90Aug8120145@dsndata.uucp> wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt) writes:
>to day in the mail i got the "January 1990's software release/status
>bulletin" manual.  am i the only one who is getting this in august?  i
>can see a month or two delay for printing and such, but 6-7 months?
>
>*sigh*

Join the crowd...  We just received two copies for our lone 9000.
One copy is one the shelf; the other is already in the to-be-recycled box.
--
David	WU9A	quintro!bpdsun1!dwg@lll-winken.llnl.gov
		uunet!tiamat!quintro!bpdsun1!dwg