[comp.sys.hp] GNUEmacs

mike@cisunx.UUCP (Mike Elliot) (02/14/89)

	I have run into some problems getting GNU emacs to run properly on my
hp 9000/360 running hp-ux 6.2. It seems to do everything ok except that
Ctl-n and Ctl-p don't appear to do anything unless you refresh the screen.
It exhibits the same behavior whether it runs as an X client or not.

	Anyone else had this problem? Any fixes? Any place I can ftp binaries from?
Anyone willing to put a copy on tape for me (I'll send you a blank tape and
pay shipping)?

-----------
DISCLAIMER: My employer never agrees with anything I say.

dpb@viking.UUCP (Don Bennett) (02/18/89)

> 	I have run into some problems getting GNU emacs to run properly on my
> hp 9000/360 running hp-ux 6.2. It seems to do everything ok except that
> Ctl-n and Ctl-p don't appear to do anything unless you refresh the screen.
> It exhibits the same behavior whether it runs as an X client or not.

Try building it with 'SHORT_CAST_BUG' defined.
Or get the C compiler fix.

The compilers are broken in 6.2, fixed in 6.21.

   Don Bennett           (408)433-3311
   dpb%frame@sun.com      or, sun!frame!dpb
   Frame Technology

rodean@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bruce Rodean) (02/20/89)

dpb@viking.UUCP (Don Bennett) writes:
>> 	I have run into some problems getting GNU emacs to run properly on my
>> hp 9000/360 running hp-ux 6.2. It seems to do everything ok except that
>> Ctl-n and Ctl-p don't appear to do anything unless you refresh the screen.
>> It exhibits the same behavior whether it runs as an X client or not.

> Try building it with 'SHORT_CAST_BUG' defined.
> Or get the C compiler fix.

> The compilers are broken in 6.2, fixed in 6.21.

The 6.2 release per se was never made public.  The 6.21 release went out
for all customer shipments and included the compiler fix mentioned
above.

Bruce Rodean
rodean%hpfcrn@hplabs.HP.COM

knight@csli.Stanford.EDU (Bob Knight) (08/30/90)

Perhaps this is the wrong newsgroup for this, but here goes.  I've a 9000/375
running HP-UX 7.0, X/Motif and GNU Emacs 18.55.  Whenever a window obscures
part of an emacs window, emacs doesn't refresh when any obscured portion is
uncovered.  Obviously, someone's either missing an event or not sending one.
Anybody else fixed this?

Thanks,
Bob