[comp.sys.hp] Re^2: HP Novice question

paul@mecazh.uu.ch (Paul Breslaw) (09/21/90)

rer@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Rob Robason) writes:

> That's only because we shipped the ARPA/Berkeley networking services
> references in a separate set of manuals.

Don't you think you've read this question often enough to

   STOP PUTTING THE BERKELEY KERNEL STUFF IN SEPARATE MANUALS !!!

As a novice how am I to guess that half the system calls are in a
manual separate from the system calls manual.

Paul Breslaw--
Paul Breslaw, Mecasoft SA,          |  telephone :  41 1 362 2040
Guggachstrasse 10, CH-8057 Zurich,  |  e-mail    :  paul@mecazh.uu.ch
Switzerland.                        |               mcsun!chx400!mecazh!paul

decot@hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) (09/22/90)

> > That's only because we shipped the ARPA/Berkeley networking services
> > references in a separate set of manuals.
>
> Don't you think you've read this question often enough to
>
>    STOP PUTTING THE BERKELEY KERNEL STUFF IN SEPARATE MANUALS !!!
>
> As a novice how am I to guess that half the system calls are in a
> manual separate from the system calls manual.

OK.  In the next release, the ARPA/Berkeley networking services and
system calls will appear in the HP-UX Reference manual with the rest
of the base HP-UX functionality.

Dave Decot