[comp.sys.hp] Advice sought porting Sun RPC to HP-UX

pjwr@ukfca1 (Pete Randall) (10/04/90)

As part of a larger project, we're considering porting Revision 3.0 of Sun's
RPC library to a HP9000/300 series workstation under HP-UX.

Has anyone already done this?  If so, can you offer us any advice?

Please respond by email, I'll summarise if anyone else is interested.

Thanks,
Pete.
--
Pete Randall				Schlumberger Technologies ATE Division,
					Cobham Road, Ferndown Industrial Estate,

jad@hpcndnm.cnd.hp.com (John Dilley) (10/05/90)

In article <448@garlic.UUCP> pjwr@ukfca1 (Pete Randall) writes:

>As part of a larger project, we're considering porting Revision 3.0 of Sun's
>RPC library to a HP9000/300 series workstation under HP-UX.

>Has anyone already done this?  If so, can you offer us any advice?

	Yes, HP has!  NFS is an optional product on HP-UX 6.0.  You might
already have it on your system: try "ll /etc/conf/libnfs.a" to see if you
have the kernel libraries on your disk.  The RPC library calls are actually
in libc, so "nm /lib/libc.a | grep callrpc" will tell you if you have the
RPC and XDR interfaces.  Hope we have made your life easier!

                          --      jad      --
			      John Dilley
			    Hewlett-Packard
                       Colorado Networks Division
UX-mail:      		     jad@cnd.hp.com
Phone:                       (303) 229-2787
--
This is not an official statement of Hewlett-Packard Corp, and does not
necessarily reflect the views of HP.  The information above is provided