[comp.sys.hp] Speaking of patches....

marka@dsinet (Mark Anacker) (10/10/90)

Those of you with 9000/3xx's might like to know about this patch that we
just got (after months of hair pulling (ours, not HP's)).  It's the April
16 SCSI Driver Patch, and it fixes a host of problems with multiple scsi
drives (on HP-UX 7.0).  It also speeds up access to the disks dramatically.

Our SE didn't even know about this patch until we found the tape packed
in with a new optical drive.  It's HP Part No. 5960-0181, and is an
update-format cartridge tape.

I'd like to second the call for a list of available patches.  HP can't hide
behind the "we know what's best for you" attitude forever...

In article <344@elroy>, marka@dsinet (Mark Anacker) writes:
> in with a new optical drive.  It's HP Part No. 5960-0181, and is an
> update-format cartridge tape.

Oops, that's the part number for the "documentation" (a single sheet of
paper).  The number for the patch tape itself is 5010-0573.  Sorry.