[comp.sys.hp] Is RDUMP available under HP-UX??

jad@hpcndnm.cnd.hp.com (John Dilley) (10/11/90)

In article <1990Oct11.144448.373@eplrx7.uucp> mcneill@eplrx7.uucp (Keith McNeill) writes:

>I've looked around & I can't find rdump...or an option in dump to support
>dumps to remote tapes.  It must be somewhere????  I can't believe that HP
>would leave RDUMP out of HP-UX.

	In HP-UX 6.0/1.1 we support Berkeley dump/restore.  In 7.0 we
also support rdump/rrestore.  See the dump(1M) manual page on your 7.0
system for a description of rdump; see the restore(1M) manual page for a
description of rrestore.  If you don't have 7.0, please contact your
friendly support engineer for an upgrade.  Enjoy!

                          --      jad      --
			      John Dilley
			    Hewlett-Packard
                       Colorado Networks Division
UX-mail:      		     jad@cnd.hp.com
Phone:                       (303) 229-2787
--
This is not an official statement from Hewlett-Packard Corp., and does not
necessarily reflect the official position of HP.  The information above is

mcneill@eplrx7.uucp (Keith McNeill) (10/11/90)

I've looked around & I can't find rdump...or an option in dump to support
dumps to remote tapes.  It must be somewhere????  I can't believe that HP
would leave RDUMP out of HP-UX.

Keith

--
    Keith D. McNeill              |    E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Co.
    eplrx7!mcneill@uunet.uu.net   |    Engineering Physics Laboratory
--
The UUCP Mailer