[comp.sys.hp] Starbase device drivers wanted

x213jh@tamuts.tamu.edu (Joel Huddleston) (10/12/90)

A quick question for any starbase users out there:

We are in need of drivers for a variety of non-hp display terminals.  Notable
amongst these are a Tektronics 4014 and regis (DEC) drivers.  If anyone has
ANY information about the availability of these drivers, please send mail
and I will summarize to the net.  We spoke with our sales rep today and he
could not find any information one way or another.

Thanks in advance,

--
Joel Huddleston
eka j1h9453@aim1.tamu.edu   J1H9453@TAMVENUS.BITNET

rosl@hpuamsa.UUCP (Rob Slotemaker CRC) (10/12/90)

Joel,

In a response to basenote "Starbase Tektronix driver anyone ?" in hp.graphics
Mike Stroyan writes:

> Tor EKQVIST of HP Finland posted the source to a 4010 Starbase driver
> based on the Starbase Driver Development Guide (SDDG).  I pack-rat'ed
> it away, but haven't tried to do anything with it.  You can get the
> source by anonymous ftp from hpstryn in pub/4010.cpio.Z.  Beware that
> the SDDG has fallen on hard times; you may have trouble finding a
> usable copy for current releases.

> Mike Stroyan, stroyan@hpstryn

You can also write the drivers yourself. You need the Starbase Driver
Development Guide. The product number is 97009-10220, which contains a
manual and a cartridge tape with demo drivers.

Best regards,

Rob