[comp.sys.hp] Kermit

merusi@pwa-b.UUCP (Don Merusi) (11/02/87)

We would appreciate hearing from anyone out there who has experience
using KERMIT on an HP Series 9000 Model 300 machine .... our local
office has provided us with a subroutine, "calleable" version of
implementing KERMIT on our system. We are especially interested in
implementing KERMIT in our Rocky Mountain Basic environment. All
comments appreciated ... thanx.

Does anyone out in netland have a Kermit for HP-UX 6.5 on a series 300.
I got C-Kermit from cunixc and complied it with the hpux option, but it
gives me "/dev/ttye0: No such file. Sorry cannot open line." If you have
a working kermit or know of an anonymous ftp site that might have a
better version could you post it or E-mail a response to me.

                                      Thanx,
                                              Greg

 Gregory Fell                  A. H. Case Center for CAE/M
 Systems Analyst               236 Engineering Building
                               Michigan State University
 fell@frith.egr.msu.edu        East Lansing, MI 48824-1226
 ...!uunet!frith!fell          Phone: (517) 353-8892

"No one expects the Spanish Inquisition...."

pej@hpfinote.HP.COM (Phil Jensen) (07/26/89)

> Does anyone out in netland have a Kermit for HP-UX 6.5 on a series 300.
> I got C-Kermit from cunixc and complied it with the hpux option, but it
> gives me "/dev/ttye0: No such file. Sorry cannot open line." If you have
> a working kermit or know of an anonymous ftp site that might have a
> better version could you post it or E-mail a response to me.
----------
Look under /usr/bin/kermit on the standard software.  I've used it successfully
in the past.

jack@hpindda.HP.COM (Jack Repenning) (07/27/89)

Kermit seems to be part of the HP-UX product in 6.5.  That's not
something I work on, so I'm no authority, but it's installed on my
system in /usr/bin, and it's in the PSYSCOM fileset.

Does it not work for you?  I've used it in what sounds like the same
configuration you're using:

	kermit on PC (an HP 150, in my case), dials into
	shell on systemA (a 3.1 S800, in my case), rlogin's into
	shell on SystemB (a 6.5 S300), runs
	kermit

...and off we go.

Jack Repenning
jack@hpda.hp.com

web@hpubmaa.HP.COM (Bill Bennett) (07/27/89)

Why not use the kermit that ships with HP-UX 6.5?

Bill Bennett	hpfcse!hpubmaa!web

kim@kannel.lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) (08/03/89)

   From: web@hpubmaa.HP.COM (Bill Bennett)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp
   Date: 27 Jul 89 16:16:52 GMT

   Why not use the kermit that ships with HP-UX 6.5?

   Bill Bennett	hpfcse!hpubmaa!web

I have chosen not to use the Kermit shipped with HP-UX 3.10 since it doesn't
support extended packet lengths (and it's slooowwllly with 94 byte packets).

I have Kermit 4E(070) available to everyone via anonymous ftp from my machine
kannel.lut.fi [128.214.25.8].  It's in compressed tar format and the whole
path to it is /unix/kermit.tar.Z.

Kim
--
( Kimmo Suominen              Electronic Mail on Internet:  kim@kannel.lut.fi )

barry@giaea.gi.oz (Computer Centre Manager) (10/24/90)

Can anyone answer the following questions regarding Kermit -

1. What is the latest/greatest currently available version ?
2. What version is on the HP 9000 800 series under HP-UX  7.0 ?
3. Is there a port to MPE X/L on HP 3000's ? If so what version and is it
   available ?

Thanks,

barry Mc Innes   barry@giaea.oz