[comp.sys.hp] LaserJet to DeskJet Soft Fonts

U39648@uicvm.uic.edu (Darius Vaskelis) (10/31/90)

I have a program that I got from the SIMTEL20 archives called DJFONT, by
Charles Tyson, version 0.3, that converts LaserJet to DeskJet Soft Fonts.

It seems to work in WordPerfect, Microsoft Word, and a couple of other programs
I've tried... except... (gasp!)... Microsoft Windows 3.0.

I'm using the Hewlett-Packard DeskJet Family Printer Driver version A.03.01,
with my DeskJet 500 with 256K configured as a DeskJet PLUS with 256K.  The
driver thinks all my converted fonts are 0 points high.  I can still use them,
and even manually type in the correct point size in any application, and they
work.  But, sticky things happen if I have 12pt Helvetica and 10pt Helvetica
and Windows thinks they are both 0pt Helvetica.

Does anyone know of a newer version of DJFONT?  Or any other program, public
domain, shareware, or commercial, that will convert LaserJet fonts to DeskJet
format in such a way that Windows properly supports them?

- Darius
  BITNET: U39648@UICVM              |      "Don't set fire to strangers."
Internet: u39648@uicvm.uic.edu      |      - Mr. Zarniwoop

shwake@raysnec.UUCP (Ray Shwake) (11/01/90)

U39648@uicvm.uic.edu (Darius Vaskelis) writes:

>Does anyone know of a newer version of DJFONT?  Or any other program, public
>domain, shareware, or commercial, that will convert LaserJet fonts to DeskJet
>format in such a way that Windows properly supports them?

	I'd suggest you look into HP's own Type Director 2.0. A few months
ago they ran an intro special for $39.95. The intro package included variants
of Times Roman and Helvetica. Supports Windows 3.0. I use it with Laserjet II,
but version 2.0 *does* support DeskJet.