[comp.sys.hp] dtree program ????

jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) (10/30/90)

Does anyone have a copy of a program that will show the directory
structure of a file system.  I need it to work on HP-UX 7.0, series 800,
with a standard terminal.  X window is Okay, but we prefer it not.

kk@hpl-opus.HP.COM (Konstantinos Konstantinides) (11/01/90)

I wrote a version that displays the tree either on a terminal or under
X11. (It is an expanded version of the original dtree program).
Under X it uses the Motif widgets.  It was posted in comp.sources.x
a couple of months ago and has been tested both under s300 and s800.
Let me know if you can not get it from the comp.sources.x archives
(anonymous ftp uunet.uu.net )

K. Konstantinides
kk@hpkronos.hpl.hp.com

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (11/01/90)

In comp.sys.hp, jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) writes:

> Does anyone have a copy of a program that will show the directory
> structure of a file system.  I need it to work on HP-UX 7.0, series 800,
> with a standard terminal.  X window is Okay, but we prefer it not.

     How about:

	find / -type d -print | sort

Note that you have to be root to display *all* directories; otherwise
only those directories for which you have permission to read will be
displayed.

     If you want a faster version, just don't sort the list.

     -- Darryl ("Amazing, isn't it?" ;-) Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@hp-sde.sde.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.

jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) (11/02/90)

Boy, What a response !!!
Thanks to all who offered and those sent programs.

jim sadler
206-234-9009	email	uunet!bcstec!jsadler | jsadler@misty.boeing.com