[comp.sys.hp] HP92219Q cable

tt@tarzan.jyu.fi (Tapani Tarvainen) (11/05/90)

Could somebody out there tell me what an HP92219Q cable is like?
(Which wires are connected, which crossed, if any, and how?)

(Is there some document available that answers this kind of questions,
i.e., describes in detail HP cables, given the part number?)
--
Tapani Tarvainen    (tarvaine@jyu.fi, tarvainen@finjyu.bitnet)

mat@emcard.UUCP (W Mat Waites) (11/05/90)

In article <TT.90Nov5094605@tarzan.jyu.fi> tt@tarzan.jyu.fi (Tapani Tarvainen) writes:
>Could somebody out there tell me what an HP92219Q cable is like?
>(Which wires are connected, which crossed, if any, and how?)
>
>(Is there some document available that answers this kind of questions,
>i.e., describes in detail HP cables, given the part number?)
>--
>Tapani Tarvainen    (tarvaine@jyu.fi, tarvainen@finjyu.bitnet)

This was posted a while back: (quite a while)

From gatech!unmvax!tut.cis.ohio-state.edu!ucbvax!hplabs!hpfcdc!hpfcmgw!rdg Sun May 21 14:31:10 EDT 1989

>     Has Anyone have been able to get a Telebit Plus to work on a
> HP 9000/825 with Mux 98196A ?

You should wire it like this:

	modem              mux
	pin 2--------------pin 3
	pin 3--------------pin 2
	pin 7--------------pin 7
	pin 8--------------pin 4
	pin 20-------------pin 6

The 92219Q cable is wired like this, and is the cable you should order.

>     The symptoms of the problem is when dialing with the modem speaker on
> I couldn't hear the dial tones at all.  - Looks likes the modem "is not
> "connected to the Multiplexer at all.

Just because the modem didn't make any noise doesn't mean it's not
working. When you connect with cu, the TR light should light up on
the modem. You should be able to get the modem to say 'OK' when you
type just 'AT'.

raab

=================================

I haven't tried this myself, we just bought some real 92219Q's instead.
They have such nice connectors!

Mat

--
W Mat Waites              |  Unlike most of you, I am not a nut.
{gatech,emory}!emcard!mat |             -H. Simpson

rjn@hpfcso.HP.COM (Bob Niland) (11/06/90)

re: > Could somebody out there tell me what an HP92219Q cable is like?

There is no current manual that describes HP cables.  The last time this
particular topic came up, I grabbed the following...

From: bill@hpuorfa.HP.COM (Bill Chidester)

     The pinouts for the 92219Q cable are:

         CPU (DTE, wired DCE)                             DCE
         25 Pin M                                      25 Pin M

	    1  ------------------------------------------  1
	    2  <-----------------------------------------  3
	    3  ----------------------------------------->  2
	    4  <-----------------------------------------  8

Regards,                                              Hewlett-Packard
Bob Niland      Internet: rjn@hpfcrjn.FC.HP.COM       3404 East Harmony Road
                UUCP: [hplabs|hpfcse]!hpfcrjn!rjn     Ft Collins CO 80525-9599