[comp.sys.hp] xdvi ?

gsmith@clid.yorku.ca (11/13/90)

Dear HP community

   I have been trying to install the latest version of xdvi onto
our HP 9000/350 (HP/UX 7.0) and have had no luck in the
compilation. Has anyone had any success in getting this program
working ? The source for the code was 'expo.lcs.mit.edu'.
   Thanks in advance for any assitance.

Chris Goldsmith, York University

fred@prisma.cv.ruu.nl (Fred Appelman) (11/14/90)

In <17484@yunexus.YorkU.CA> gsmith@clid.yorku.ca writes:

>Dear HP community
>
>   I have been trying to install the latest version of xdvi onto
>our HP 9000/350 (HP/UX 7.0) and have had no luck in the
>compilation. Has anyone had any success in getting this program
>working ? The source for the code was 'expo.lcs.mit.edu'.
>   Thanks in advance for any assitance.
>
>Chris Goldsmith, York University

In the past we had lots of problems compiling the X-software coming from
the net. In order to solve this problem we replace the HP X distribution
with the MIT X distribution. All kind of problems like missing header
files, etc. are gone. Almost all software works now withour changes.

In can provide you with a binary file of the xdvi program if you like.
Reply to me by mail if you want it.

Fred