[comp.sys.hp] xdvi PL 10 compiles fine for me

rkl@and.cs.liv.ac.uk (11/15/90)

In article <17484@yunexus.YorkU.CA>, gsmith@clid.yorku.ca writes:
> Dear HP community
>
>    I have been trying to install the latest version of xdvi onto
> our HP 9000/350 (HP/UX 7.0) and have had no luck in the
> compilation. Has anyone had any success in getting this program
> working ? The source for the code was 'expo.lcs.mit.edu'.
>    Thanks in advance for any assitance.

As someone else has already said, you need the MIT X11R4 distribution -
I use this to compile all PD R4 stuff because HP's release with 7.0 is
only R3. xdvi Patchlevel 10 compiled with no hassle once the Imakefile
was passed through imake - and at long last they've put clickable buttons
down the right-hand side for common operations ! Don't forget to hack the
TeX font path (the one with %p/%s or something like that) in the xdvi
source to point to where you keep your million-and-one TeX fonts.

Richard K. Lloyd,       *** This is a MicroVAX II running VAX/VMS V5.3-1 ***
Computer Science Dept., * JANET     : RKL@UK.AC.LIV.CS.AND                 *
Liverpool University,   * Internet  : RKL%and.cs.liv.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu *
Great Britain.          Q: "What's the world's fastest home micro ?"
L69 3BX                 A: "The Archimedes A3000. 4 MIPS for under 800 pounds."