[comp.sys.hp] monitor for HP-UX 3.1?

cbs+@cs.cmu.edu (Clauss Strauch) (11/20/90)

	Does anybody have a copy of monitor for HP-UX 3.1(on an 8XX) that I
could snarf?  The publicly available copies I know about are all for HP-UX 7.0.

				-- Clauss Strauch
				   Carnegie Mellon University
				   cbs+@cs.cmu.edu

jfk@ais.org (Jim Knight) (11/28/90)

In article <1990Nov19.175420.482@cs.cmu.edu>  (Clauss Strauch) writes:

>	Does anybody have a copy of monitor for HP-UX 3.1(on an 8XX) that I
>could snarf?  The publicly available copies I know about are all for
> HP-UX 7.0.
>  Get out your HP-UX support tape, the tape your HP CE would use on your
   system for diagnostics.  On that tape beyond the diagnostics are several
   tar archives, one of which has monitor in it.  You can use the mt command
   to advance the tape past the first file or so, and then use tar to read
   the files off the tape.  I made sure to do a contents of the archive
   first.  Hope this helps.

Jim Knight