[comp.sys.hp] SCSI Adapter for 9000/8xx & 3000/9xx available ?

hm@hcshh.UUCP (Hellmuth Michaelis) (11/27/90)

Recently on the german HP-Users Group meeting someone told me that the
SCSI-adapter hardware for the 8xx/9xx is availiable right now.
Is this correct, and if so, what is the product no. by which it can be
ordered ? when will MPE-XL/HP-UX support that, or does these OSes support
it already ?

Thanks a lot, hellmuth

mjb%hoosier.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Mark Bradakis) (11/30/90)

In article <103@hcshh.UUCP> hm@hcshh.UUCP (Hellmuth Michaelis) writes:

>Recently on the german HP-Users Group meeting someone told me that the
>SCSI-adapter hardware for the 8xx/9xx is availiable right now.
>Is this correct, and if so, what is the product no. by which it can be
>ordered ?

The part number I have heard is 93302M, with the 7.0 HPUX driver being
93302MD.  I have yet to hear any more about this product and how well
it works, or cost or availability.

mjb.

"Come on Dad, gimme the car tonight..."

                                                 mjb@hoosier.utah.edu

mike@hpwin052.HP.COM (Mike Croom) (12/04/90)

My understanding is that the card is currently being sold as a supported
special, price on application. The card is the one which will come out with
HP-UX 8.0 whereupon you will get a new driver and no need for a special.
It is only supported on 800 series and only for DAT and Optical disc. No
SCSI hard drives!!

Mike

wray@hpwrce.HP.COM (Wray Smallwood) (12/06/90)

The SCSI product number for MPE/XL is 27251A and will be orderable soon.
The only product that will be supported is the Rewriteable Optical Libarary
System. It must be ordered in conjunction with TurboStore/XL II. The
release is scheduled for MPE/XL 3.0 tentatively and is being tested starting
yesterday. This product has been announced.