[comp.sys.hp] what's the file descriptor table size?

mike@penguin.gatech.edu (Mike Gourlay) (12/07/90)

Hi,

	Anybody know what the file descriptor table size is on an HP 9000 series 370
running HPUX 7.0?  There should be a function calles getdtablesize,
which does not
exit on my machine.  I looked through /usr/include, and I didn't find
anything with
grep that looked like the right thing, though it should be in there
somewhere.

	Thanks,
	Mike Gourlay
	mike@penguin.gatech.edu

ianhogg@cs.umn.edu (Ian J. Hogg) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec6.151410@dali.gatech.edu> mike@penguin.gatech.edu (Mike Gourlay) writes:

>Hi,
>
>	Anybody know what the file descriptor table size is on an HP 9000 series 370
>running HPUX 7.0?  There should be a function calles getdtablesize,
>which does not
>exit on my machine.  I looked through /usr/include, and I didn't find
>anything with
>grep that looked like the right thing, though it should be in there
>somewhere.
>
>	Thanks,
>	Mike Gourlay
>	mike@penguin.gatech.edu

Write your our getdtablesize (that's what I did) that calls sysconf.  Sysconf
has a parameter that returns what you want.  I'd tell you exactly what it is but I'm not reading this from work.