[comp.sys.hp] Performance of HP/Apollo 9000/425t???

timv@ccad.uiowa.edu (Timothy VanFosson) (12/18/90)

I am interested in obtaining benchmark information for HP 9000/425t
workstations (if any of the '040 machines are actually out there :-).
SPECmarks would be of most interest as I can compare these with info
from other vendors.  If you have other benchmarks I would be interested
in seeing results for it on other workstations so I have a basis for
comparision.  I do NOT need MIPS or MFLOPS ratings, I have these.

BTW, I would be running DOMAIN/OS, but results from either environment
would be useful.

Thanks,
--tv

--
Timothy VanFosson                   E-mail   : timv@ccad.uiowa.edu
Senior Systems Analyst              US Mail  : CAD-Research

mok@fortsc.enet.dec.com (Charles P. Mok) (12/19/90)

In article <1990Dec18.144236.15864@ccad.uiowa.edu>, timv@ccad.uiowa.edu (Timothy VanFosson) writes...
>I am interested in obtaining benchmark information for HP 9000/425t
>workstations (if any of the '040 machines are actually out there :-).
>SPECmarks would be of most interest as I can compare these with info
>from other vendors.  If you have other benchmarks I would be interested
>in seeing results for it on other workstations so I have a basis for
>comparision.  I do NOT need MIPS or MFLOPS ratings, I have these.

I guess a lot of people are interested in seeing those SPECmarks and comparing
them too, including myself.  Unfortunately HP for some reason has not been
releasing any of those numbers despite the fact that they are a member
supporting SPEC's unified benchmarking effort.  Interesting indeed.

If you can find any of those numbers tested, please let me know too!

Charles

>--
>Timothy VanFosson                   E-mail   : timv@ccad.uiowa.edu
>Senior Systems Analyst              US Mail  : CAD-Research
>University of Iowa                             228 ERF
>Phone : (319) 335-5728                         Iowa City, Iowa 52242

---
Charles Mok/Digital Equipment Corporation
INTERNET: mok@fortsc.enet.dec.com  UUCP: ....!decwrl!fortsc.dec.enet.com!mok
---

In article <1990Dec18.222547.17877@pa.dec.com> mok@fortsc.enet.dec.com (Charles P. Mok) writes:
>them too, including myself.  Unfortunately HP for some reason has not been
>releasing any of those numbers despite the fact that they are a member
>supporting SPEC's unified benchmarking effort.  Interesting indeed.

I believe they are still waiting for a working 040 chip from Motorola.
--
Alphalpha Software, Inc.	|	motif-request@alphalpha.com

I'm not sure which upsets me more; that people are so unwilling to accept
everyone else's.