[comp.sys.hp] minor problem with HP manuals and updates

jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) (01/04/91)

Just so we don't get confused the below is of EARTHSHATTERING importance!!!!

I recently received an update to some OSI software.  The minor
continueing problem I have is, with HP's manuals.  I received 3 manuals
with the update.  2 of the small format and 1 large format.  These 3
manuals replace 1 small format manual.  The problem is where are the
binders for the new small manual and large manual ?  HP kindly provided
new splines for the psuedo binders, so I think there should be some
binders for the new manuals.  This is not a new problem, anyone know if
this is being looked into and if it will be resolved at anytime ?

I also recently received the LU6.2 product.  I did receive the right
number of binders and manuals.  While putting the HP-UX LU 6.2 API
Application Programmer's Reference Manual together, mosty inserting
dividers, I couldn't figure out where to insert the dividers marked
TUTORIAL and REFERENCE.  So if any of the persons who did the manual for
the LU 6.2 product would like to inform those of us who have to use SNA
on HP-UX where to insert(<- wicked grin) these dividers, please do.

Please read the above in a mildly sarcastic tone.  I would like to know
why though.

jim sadler
206-234-9009	email	uunet!bcstec!jsadler | jsadler@misty.boeing.com

This service is brought to you by the computing mafia of Boeing (BCS).
Oh ya
None of the above is an opinion of The Boeing Co.

richard@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Richard Artz) (01/07/91)

Jim Sadler writes about mis-matched HP manuals and binders:

> This is not a new problem, anyone know if
> this is being looked into and if it will be resolved at anytime ?

I'm sorry to hear that you got updates without the proper binders.
Would you please re-post with some part-numbers so that I could look
into the reason for the mix-up.

>I also recently received the LU6.2 product.  I did receive the right
>number of binders and manuals.  While putting the HP-UX LU 6.2 API
>Application Programmer's Reference Manual together, mosty inserting
>dividers, I couldn't figure out where to insert the dividers marked
>TUTORIAL and REFERENCE.  So if any of the persons who did the manual for
>the LU 6.2 product would like to inform those of us who have to use SNA
>on HP-UX where to insert(<- wicked grin) these dividers, please do.

Here, I think you are talking about the HP-UX 6.2 License-To-Use product
and the SNA networking manual.  I may be wrong about the manual you mention,
but I think you put the "tutorial" card at the front and the "ref" card
before the man-pages.  I might be more accurate if you would post a
part-number for the manual.

Perhaps you would be good enough to tell me what you are doing with
6.2 manuals, they must be about three-years old by now. We started switching
to pre-assembled manuals at the 6.5 release and all HP-UX Core manuals were
pre-assembled at the 7.0 release.

Please call, write, or post

Richard Artz / OSSD Learning Products / 303-229-2036 / richard@hpfcww.fc.hp.com
 Hewlett-Packard / MS11 / 3404 E. Harmony Road / Fort Collins, CO 80525-9599

This response does not represent the official position of, or statement by, the
Hewlett-Packard Company.  The above data is provided for informational purposes
only. It is supplied without warranty of any kind.