[comp.sys.hp] tn3270 for HP9000/300 HP/UX 7.0 ?

gsmith@clid.yorku.ca (01/25/91)

Dear Networkers

   Does anyone know of an HP version of the program tn3270
which allows (as far as I understand it) a UNIX box to talk
to an IBM mainframe in a painless fashion ?

Thanks in advance for the help...

Chris Goldsmith
gsmith@yuclid.yorku.ca

bailey@mcs.kent.edu (Jeff Bailey) (01/25/91)

In article <21136@yunexus.YorkU.CA>, gsmith@clid.yorku.ca writes:
> Dear Networkers
>
>    Does anyone know of an HP version of the program tn3270
> which allows (as far as I understand it) a UNIX box to talk
> to an IBM mainframe in a painless fashion ?
>
> Thanks in advance for the help...
>
> Chris Goldsmith
> gsmith@yuclid.yorku.ca

I'm not sure about the plain tn3270 but there is an X11 version
available from expo.lcs.mit.edu which should work fine. It even
emulates the font of the 3270 terminal.
Jeff Bailey (JRB71) (System Administrator)      <bailey@mcs.kent.edu>
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science  |  The first academic
Kent State University                           |  institution with a
Kent - OH 44242                                 |   "WaveTracer DTC"

mike@hpwin052.HP.COM (Mike Croom) (01/28/91)

HP do a SNALink (SDLC) card and 3270 emulator. THere is also a 3179G
emulator available on 300/400 series. Works on V.24 and V.35.

Mike