[comp.sys.hp] bootpd for HP-UX

ton@let.rug.nl (Ton Roovers) (01/23/91)

I suppose it has been asked here before, but I can't find
the answer in my archives:
Is there anybody who has the code for a BOOTP daemon for an
HP-UX system (9000/840 or 9000/3XX)? I downloaded the
sources from lancaster.andrew.cmu.edu but I cannot 'make' that:
I only get loads of error messages.

Could someone please help?
Thanks.

--
 Ton Roovers                                                    systems manager
 Faculty of Arts and Letters, Groningen University               ton@let.rug.nl

jmc@hpcndnm.cnd.hp.com (John Dilley) (01/23/91)

In article <1545@gufalet.let.rug.nl> ton@let.rug.nl (Ton Roovers) writes:

> I suppose it has been asked here before, but I can't find
> the answer in my archives:
> Is there anybody who has the code for a BOOTP daemon for an
> HP-UX system (9000/840 or 9000/3XX)? I downloaded the
> sources from lancaster.andrew.cmu.edu but I cannot 'make' that:
> I only get loads of error messages.

I believe your SE can provide you a version of CMU's bootpd which runs
on HP-UX 7.0 (s800 and s300 versions).  The version he can give you is
that which is included in the software distribution for the 700/X
terminal.

Jerry McCollom
Hewlett Packard, Colorado Networks Division

This response does not represent the official position of, or statement by,
the Hewlett-Packard Company.  The above data is provided for informational
purposes only.  It is supplied without warranty of any kind.

Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) (01/29/91)

John> I believe your SE can provide you a version of CMU's bootpd which runs
John> on HP-UX 7.0 (s800 and s300 versions).  The version he can give you is
John> that which is included in the software distribution for the 700/X
John> terminal.

Can he really *give* it to me?  You see, I was asking for it, and I
was told I have to by the 700/X software package to get the BOOTPD.
Well, as I don't have any 700's around, I wouldn't like to get any
useless (to me) software for them.

If you don't know, then it is perfectly ok.  I would like to get some
kind of an answer, though.

Thanks!
--
Kim                      /  Internet: Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi