[comp.sys.hp] HP/3000

kludge@grissom.larc.nasa.gov ( Scott Dorsey) (01/28/91)

In article <1991Jan27.220253.24498@actrix.gen.nz> paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) writes:
>Would you believe --- Hewlett Packard!!!!  Strange but true.  Nice
>products, pity about their marketing.  Your SR must have really
>screwed up in not trying to sell it to you for 386 platforms too.

On a similar note of HP networking, does anyone out there have HP/3000 software
for TCP/IP support?  Good friends of mine are running the new Precision Arch
machines with the new version of MPE, and would like to talk to the outside
world.  If they could use the same ethernet port that's connected to those
stupid HP terminal servers, that would be even better.

paul@actrix.gen.nz (Paul Gillingwater) (01/30/91)

I said it before, I'll quote me again:  :-)

> >Would you believe --- Hewlett Packard!!!!  Strange but true.  Nice
> >products, pity about their marketing.  Your SR must have really
> >screwed up in not trying to sell it to you for 386 platforms too.

I have heard of TCP/IP for MPE/XL, but it only does FTP, not telnet
at present.  I think they're planning Telnet (it's been announced).
In addition, they have a thing called a DTC, which I think is a kind
of serial port MUX with an Ethernet I/F.  That might let you connect
to the MPE box.

BTW, HP have also pre-announced Lan Manager for MPE/XL too!  In
addition, they are bundling LM/X (3 user version) with HP-UX now.
--
Paul Gillingwater, paul@actrix.gen.nz