[comp.sys.hp] ar:

tml@tik.vtt.fi (Tor Lillqvist) (02/01/91)

The subject says it all.  What can I do, except curse people who write
code using fixed size tables...

uname -srm: HP-UX 7.0 9000/375
what /usr/lib/ar.ranlib: $Revision: 38.1 $
--
Tor Lillqvist,
working, but not speaking, for the Technical Research Centre of Finland

mjs@hpfcso.HP.COM (Marc Sabatella) (02/01/91)

>    The subject says it all.  What can I do, except curse people who write
>    code using fixed size tables...
>
>    uname -srm: HP-UX 7.0 9000/375
>    what /usr/lib/ar.ranlib: $Revision: 38.1 $

This also has been fixed.  I gave John Milburn (sp?) the patched version, so
you should be able to get it from his ftp server.

--------------
Marc Sabatella (marc@hpmonk.fc.hp.com)
Disclaimers:
	2 + 2 = 3, for suitably small values of 2
	Bill and Dave may not always agree with me

robs@hpuamsa.neth.hp.com (Rob Slotemaker CRC) (02/01/91)

You should split your library into smaller pieces. The problem with the
fixed table sizes is solved in HP-UX 8.0.

Best regards,

Rob Slotemaker, Dutch CRC

milburn@me10.lbl.gov (John Milburn) (02/15/91)

In article <7370297@hpfcso.HP.COM> mjs@hpfcso.HP.COM (Marc Sabatella) writes:
>>    The subject says it all.  What can I do, except curse people who write
>>    code using fixed size tables...
>>
>>    uname -srm: HP-UX 7.0 9000/375
>>    what /usr/lib/ar.ranlib: $Revision: 38.1 $
>
>This also has been fixed.  I gave John Milburn (sp?) the patched version, so
>you should be able to get it from his ftp server.

Correct spelling. I notice that Tor has already picked up the patch, but
for those who don't know, it can be had from me10.lbl.gov (128.3.128.110)
via anonymous ftp. The file is hpux/7.0_fix_ranlib.tar.Z .

    me10:milburn 46 %)) what /usr/lib/ar.ranlib
    /usr/lib/ar.ranlib:
             $Revision: 66.3 $

-jem

--
JEMilburn@lbl.gov  ...!ucbvax!lbl.gov!JEMilburn

"I don't sing, I don't dance, and I don't like people who do."  -Leterman