[comp.sys.hp] HP SupportLine Access via Internet

lufkin@hpcc01.HP.COM (Paul Lufkin) (11/03/90)

TO:       Hewlett-Packard Internet Users

From:     Hewlett-Packard Company

Subject:  HP SupportLine Access via Internet

Date:     November 1, 1990

In our September 15, 1990, reply to the open letter, titled
"Hewlett-Packard Customers, and the Internet" we committed to
asking NSFNET to allow HP SupportLine access via Internet.

We received approval this week from the NSFNET to make HP
SupportLine available via Internet to our academic and research
institution software support customers.

We are currently reviewing the process of connecting HP SupportLine
to the Internet.  We will publish an update with information about
when you can access HP SupportLine via Internet no later than
December 21.

jsadler@misty.boeing.com (Jim Sadler) (11/04/90)

Congratulations !!!

If the SupportLine database is upto date.  This is going to be of
significant help.

jim sadler
206-234-9009	email	uunet!bcstec!jsadler | jsadler@misty.boeing.com

sidana@hpcc01.HP.COM (Ashmeet Sidana) (02/22/91)

To:        Hewlett-Packard Internet Users

From:      Hewlett-Packard Company

Date:      February 20, 1991

We are pleased to announce that HP SupportLine is now available
over Internet to HP software support customers who meet the NSFNET
Acceptable Use Policy.

In the U.S., HP software support customers can now directly access
the HP SupportLine machine via Internet.  If you are located
outside of the U.S. and have access to Internet, contact your local
HP Response Center.  They will provide you with the information you
need to access the U.S. HP SupportLine machine via Internet.

To access HP SupportLine over Internet, you need the following
information:

           *  HP SupportLine IP address:  192.6.148.19
           *  HP SupportLine login     :  HPSL
           *  Your HP SupportLine system handle
           *  Your HP SupportLine password

If you have any questions about accessing HP SupportLine, lost
password, hours of operation, etc., please contact your local HP
Response Center.  If you have questions regarding your
qualifications to use Internet, please contact the NSFNET Network
Service Center at (617)873-3400.