[comp.sys.hp] compiling gnuplot under hp-ux 7.03

bxb@lanl.gov (Barry J. Berenberg) (02/23/91)

I'm trying to compile gnuplot on an 9000/300 running HP-UX 7.03
and X11R4.  If I understand the procedure, I can't compile it as
an X client without the Athena widgets library, so I'm compiling
it as a plain UNIX program.

Problem:  ld returns an error
                 undefined external
                    _getwd
Not being a programmer, I don't know how to trace the problem.
Any suggestions?  Has anybody else tried to compile gnuplot?

Thanks in advance.

Barry Berenberg

bxb@lanl.gov (Barry J. Berenberg) (02/25/91)

Thanks to everyone who responded to my request for help.  I will try
your suggestions and see what happens.

Barry Berenberg

rodean@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Bruce Rodean) (02/25/91)

In article <15532@lanl.gov> bxb@lanl.gov (Barry J. Berenberg) writes:
> I'm trying to compile gnuplot on an 9000/300 running HP-UX 7.03
> and X11R4.  If I understand the procedure, I can't compile it as
> an X client without the Athena widgets library, so I'm compiling
> it as a plain UNIX program.
>
> Problem:  ld returns an error
> 	        undefined external
>                    _getwd
> Not being a programmer, I don't know how to trace the problem.
> Any suggestions?  Has anybody else tried to compile gnuplot?

For this one particular problem, add -lBSD to your cc command line. That
ought to take care of getwd.

Bruce Rodean
rodean@hpfclg.fc.hp.com

Not an official statement of Hewlett-Packard Co.