[comp.sys.hp] HP PD software, where?

frankhua@cs.mcgill.ca (Frank X.J HUANG) (03/01/91)

Could anyone point me to the possible archive in the public domain for HP
(9000/300, HP-UX)?  I need something like Jove (or Emacs), LaTeX, and X's,
etc.

Thanks.

Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi (Kimmo Suominen) (03/02/91)

Frank> Could anyone point me to the possible archive in the public
Frank> domain for HP (9000/300, HP-UX)?  I need something like Jove
Frank> (or Emacs), LaTeX, and X's, etc.

Well, with HP-UX 7.0 it shouldn't matter too much, whether the
software is ported to s800 or s300.  So, I run two s800's and also
sometimes help around with a s300, and that's why I have a bunch of
programs available for anonymous ftp on lut.fi (under /unix).

Try asking archie ;-) about our site, and you'll get a nice listing of
our archive.

I'm sorry to say some of the software is a bit outdated.  I am soon
updating parts of the archive - and also removing packages that didn't
need mods to get them to run.  Perhaps somewhere in the archive a
listing will appear, telling everyone what kinda stuff I've
succesfully installed on the s800's.
--
Kim                      /  Internet: Kimmo.Suominen@lut.fi
"That's what I think."  /   Bitnet:   KIM@FINFILES

darrylo@hpnmdla.HP.COM (Darryl Okahata) (03/05/91)

In comp.sys.hp, frankhua@cs.mcgill.ca (Frank X.J HUANG) writes:

> Could anyone point me to the possible archive in the public domain for HP
> (9000/300, HP-UX)?  I need something like Jove (or Emacs), LaTeX, and X's,
> etc.

     A number of people within HP are in the process of collecting
programs for distribution via an Interex contrib tape.  While the
programs may or may not be public domain (they may be copyrighted), they
should be freely copyable.

     Although I have no idea what's on the tape, I did contribute a
14MB compressed tar archive containing a version of GNU Emacs that HP
is using internally (there are only sources in this large archive --
no binaries).

     Please note that these programs are not supported by HP.

     -- Darryl Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@relay.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.