[comp.sys.hp] Xcalc and Xcalendar

fmonaldo@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Monaldo Francis M. S1R x8648) (03/02/91)

Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a calculator program and
a calendar program running under X11.  We are using HP-UX 7.0 on
an HP 9000 Series 360, 319 and 340.  Thanks for any help.

	Frank Monaldo,  fmonaldo@aplcomm.jhuap.edu

milburn@me10.lbl.gov (John Milburn) (03/04/91)

fmonaldo@aplcomm.JHUAPL.EDU (Monaldo Francis M. S1R x8648) writes:

>Does anyone know where I can get a copy of a calculator program and
>a calendar program running under X11.  We are using HP-UX 7.0 on
>an HP 9000 Series 360, 319 and 340.  Thanks for any help.

Funny, I thought these came with the standard release. Anyway,
You can pick up functional binaries from me10.lbl.gov, via
anonymous ftp.

     ~ftp/pub/hp_X11_tape/bin/xcalc
     ~ftp/pub/hp_X11_tape/app-defaults/XCalc
     ~ftp/pub/hp_X11_tape/bin/xcalendar
     ~ftp/pub/hp_X11_tape/app-defaults/XCalendar

-jem

JEMilburn@lbl.gov  ...!ucbvax!lbl.gov!JEMilburn

"I don't sing, I don't dance, and I don't like people who do."  -Leterman

pld@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Paul Dineen) (03/05/91)

 The ninstall catalog has:

># The HP internal software catalog is a summary of what's available via
># the ninstall and update tools inside HP.  This catalog is intended to be
># a place to begin looking.  It does not describe the machine types or the
># OS releases for which a package is available.
>
>[...]
>
>xcalc          X11 calculator (RPN)
>                        ninstall -pvhhpbbrd.hpindhc.cup.hp.com -P2150 xcalc
>xcalc          X11 calculator (RPN)
>                        ninstall -pvhhpindhc.cup.hp.com -P2150 xcalc
>xhpcalc        HP Series 10 scientific calculators.
>                        ninstall -pvhhpfcda.fc.hp.com -P2150 xhpcalc
>xhpcalc        X11 hp calculator (lots of goodies)
>                        ninstall -pvhhpbbrd.hpindhc.cup.hp.com -P2150 xhpcalc
>xhpcalc        X11 hp calculator (lots of goodies)
>                        ninstall -pvhhpindhc.cup.hp.com -P2150 xhpcalc

>agenda         * agenda - a calendar(1) replacement *
>                        ninstall -pvhhpwala.wal.hp.com -P2150 agenda
>adatebook       datebook - X11/Motif 1.0 reminder/calendar program [O, 901018, 1
>                        ninstall -pvhfoundation.dtc.hp.com -P2150 datebook
>remind         calendar style program - C version [60k]
>                        ninstall -pvhhpscdb.scd.hp.com -P2150 remind
>remind         calendar/datebook package
>                        ninstall -pvhhpcllak.cup.hp.com -P2150 remind

 To get the ninstall catalog:
	/usr/local/bin/ninstall -vhhp-gjd catalog

milburn@me10.lbl.gov (John Milburn) (03/05/91)

In article <7370332@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM> pld@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Paul Dineen) writes:

> The ninstall catalog has:

>># The HP internal software catalog is a summary of what's available via
>># the ninstall and update tools inside HP.  This catalog is intended to be
>># a place to begin looking.  It does not describe the machine types or the
>># OS releases for which a package is available.

 [various software available internally to hp]

> To get the ninstall catalog:
>	/usr/local/bin/ninstall -vhhp-gjd catalog

Interesting that this stuff (and more, apparently) exists.  Are you
offering to make it available to those of us not in *.hp.com?

Gee, you could even post /usr/local/bin/ninstall, and a few of
us could set up servers for the rest.

-jem

JEMilburn@lbl.gov  ...!ucbvax!lbl.gov!JEMilburn

"I don't sing, I don't dance, and I don't like people who do."  -Leterman

pld@hpfcso.FC.HP.COM (Paul Dineen) (03/05/91)

> The ninstall catalog has:
>
>># The HP internal software catalog is [...]

 Oops... forgot where I was.  As stated in the text, this catalog and
 the programs mentioned in it are available only to HP sites.
 Now back to your regularly scheduled string.