[comp.sys.hp] HP LaserJet III sharing

liq@shark.cs.fau.edu (Qiang Li) (03/12/91)

We are thinking about buying a printer sharing device for our HP LaserJet
III.  We have two PC-AT and one Workstation to connect to it.  The PCs'
parrallel ports are used for this connection and the workstation only has
serial pritner port.  What is the best solution to this?  If you have some
experience on this, would you please let me get your advice.  And what
vendor has reliable printing sharing device?  I just heard some: BayTech,
ASP, and Buffalo.  Their prices are pretty high (around $500), close to the
lowest HP IIP's price.

Thank you very much in advance.

Charlie Li

etb@milton.u.washington.edu (Eric Bushnell) (03/12/91)

In article <1991Mar11.200841.22874@cs.fau.edu> liq@shark.cs.fau.edu (Qiang Li) writes:

>We are thinking about buying a printer sharing device for our HP LaserJet
>III.  We have two PC-AT and one Workstation to connect to it.  The PCs'
>parrallel ports are used for this connection and the workstation only has
>serial pritner port.  What is the best solution to this?  If you have some

Inmac, a mail order pc and workstation supply company, has many
print buffers and switches in its catalog. The cheapest, I think, was $75.

This is not an endorsement--I've never tried them. I might later though.

If you can't get an Inmac catalog from some computer person there, I can
dig up a catalog and send their number to you.

Eric Bushnell
Univ of Washington Civil Engineering
etb@zeus.ce.washington.edu
etb@milton.u.washington.edu