[comp.sys.hp] KCL on 800 series and GCC et al

lepreau%mancos.utah.edu@cs.utah.edu (Jay Lepreau) (03/15/91)

	Does anyone know if Kyoto Common Lisp (KCL) is available for the series
	800 HP-PA machines.
Bill Schelter of UT Austin (wfs@nicolas.ma.utexas.edu) tells me that
AKCL is not yet avail for it because he doesn't have such a machine.
It shouldn't be a big deal, though.  I don't know about KCL proper.

	P.S. - How about GCC and G++ as well?
We have ported GCC to the PA-RISC, and a beta release is available from
jagaur.utah.edu in pub/pa-gcc.tar.Z. It runs under HP-UX as well as our
4.3 BSD and Mach ports.  Please send mail to moore@cs.utah.edu if
you pick it up so we can add you to the distribution/bug list.

3032 -rw-r--r--  1 moore    notlogin  3095541 Feb 13 17:03 pa-gcc.tar.Z
  54 -rw-r--r--  1 moore    notlogin    54888 Feb 15 10:34 tm-hp9k8.h
  75 -rw-r--r--  1 moore    notlogin    76760 Feb 13 17:05 out-hp9k8.c
  59 -rw-r--r--  1 moore    notlogin    60365 Feb 13 17:05 hp9k8.md
(You only need the last three if you already have one of our
earlier releases.)

We have also ported GAS and GDB and we are readying a release of those
as well.  Look for them early next month.

We have not worked on G++ yet-- we had to make significant changes
to the machine-independent partse of GCC, and so far are reluctant to
tackle G++ when 2.0 is "close."  Maybe someone else will?

mikef@hpsadle.HP.COM (Mike Ferrara) (03/21/91)

There's only one hitch when porting KCL to S800, and that's the fasload
code, which intimately knows .o format. I suspect the best starting point
is the S300 code. KCL and AKCL (Austin-Kyoto Common Lisp, UTexas at Austin
extensions and ports) are available via anon ftp from hpsadle. I have
no S800 port at the moment, but would love one!

  Mike Ferrara M/S 2LRR
  HP Signal Analysis Div R&D
  1212 Valley House Drive
  Rohnert Park, CA 94928
  (707) 794-4479
  mikef%hpsadle@hp-sde.sde.hp.com
  mikef@hpsadle.hp.com

darrylo@hpnmdla.hp.com (Darryl Okahata) (03/21/91)

In comp.sys.hp, mikef@hpsadle.HP.COM (Mike Ferrara) writes:

> There's only one hitch when porting KCL to S800, and that's the fasload
> code, which intimately knows .o format. I suspect the best starting point
> is the S300 code. KCL and AKCL (Austin-Kyoto Common Lisp, UTexas at Austin
> extensions and ports) are available via anon ftp from hpsadle. I have
> no S800 port at the moment, but would love one!

     I'd like to point out that the "official" anonymous ftp locations
for KCL/AKCL are:

	cli.com
	rascal.ics.utexas.edu

From the AKCL README file:

OBTAINING SOURCES:
-----------------
* There are source files on cli.com:akcl/akcl-XX.tar.Z You probably
want the highest XX version number.  For example akcl-1-65.tar.Z would
allow you to build the version 1.65 of AKCL.  In the following the
compressed tar file is simply referred to as akcl.tar.Z You will also
need to obtain the original kcl distribution of June 1987.  That is
referred to as kcl.tar.Z and is also available on cli.com and
rascal.ics.utexas.edu.

The machine "hpsadle" is an internal HP machine connected to HP's closed
subnet, which means that people outside HP cannot access it.

     -- Darryl ("There are now over 43,000 machines connected to HP's
	         internal network") Okahata
	UUCP: {hplabs!, hpcea!, hpfcla!} hpnmd!darrylo
	Internet: darrylo%hpnmd@relay.hp.com

constitute the support, opinion or policy of Hewlett-Packard or of the
little green men that have been following him all day.