[comp.sys.hp] BSD compatibility in HP-UX

jonathan@cs.pitt.edu (Jonathan Eunice) (03/26/91)

I need a few examples of BSD libraries and user commands that HP-UX,
as a relatively SysVish *nix, does not support.  Also, how much of a
pain is this to a BSD bigot user, or to a BSDoid program?

corrigan@weber.ucsd.edu (Michael J. Corrigan) (03/26/91)

In article <JONATHAN.91Mar25170350@speedy.cs.pitt.edu> jonathan@cs.pitt.edu (Jonathan Eunice) writes:
>I need a few examples of BSD libraries and user commands that HP-UX,
>as a relatively SysVish *nix, does not support.  Also, how much of a
>pain is this to a BSD bigot user, or to a BSDoid program?

	If you don't know what

    "BSD libraries and user commands that HP-UX ..  does not support"

    then how do you know is is a relatively SysVish *nix ?

    It is a big pain to this BSD bigot user using my BSDoid rrn/nntp
    under HP-UX,  to provide a few examples.