[comp.sys.hp] BSD is also available for HP iron.....

luism@genesis.Berkeley.EDU (Luis Miguel) (04/09/91)

As a matter of interest, for those bsd-addicts that want to take advantage
of the great HP coup ("Las viboras"), there are 3 (THREE) different
sources of BSD for HP iron:

	University of Utah
	Mt. Xinu (in Berkeley)
	Computer Systems Research Group at UC Berkeley

I have used both UU's and Mt. Xinu's versions without any problems.
CSRG is working on a 4.4bsd version.

/Luis

--
Luis Miguel. Computer Science Division, UC Berkeley.
arpanet: luis@postgres.Berkeley.EDU

mohta@necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) (04/10/91)

In article <41651@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> luis@postgres.berkeley.edu writes:

>As a matter of interest, for those bsd-addicts that want to take advantage
>of the great HP coup ("Las viboras"), there are 3 (THREE) different
>sources of BSD for HP iron:
>
>	University of Utah
>	Mt. Xinu (in Berkeley)
>	Computer Systems Research Group at UC Berkeley

Great!

Do they support HP9000/700? I think TLB mechanism is somewhat different
between PA-RISC 1.0 and PA-RISC 1.1.

>CSRG is working on a 4.4bsd version.

The BIG question here is when 4.4bsd (not only on HP) become available. :-)

							Masataka Ohta