[comp.sys.hp] Educational Pricing on 9000/700s

petrilli@wookumz.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Chris Petrilli) (04/26/91)

Does anyone know of an educational discount on the new HP 9000/700s?
I saw a flyer floating around the campus oif the University of Texas
at Austin, that said: "New HP 9000 Series 700 Demo" and under that
said "57MIPS for under 7K," which would place it well below the normal
price.  This would be an intersting proposition.

Chris

--
+ Chris Petrilli
| Internet:  petrilli@gnu.ai.mit.edu
+ Insert silly disclaimer drivel here.

anthony@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Lawrence Anthony) (04/26/91)

In article <15304@life.ai.mit.edu> petrilli@wookumz.gnu.ai.mit.edu (Chris Petrilli) writes:
>Does anyone know of an educational discount on the new HP 9000/700s?
>I saw a flyer floating around the campus oif the University of Texas
>at Austin, that said: "New HP 9000 Series 700 Demo" and under that
>said "57MIPS for under 7K," which would place it well below the normal
>price.  This would be an intersting proposition.

the hp sales rep for the caltech campus quoted me the following
educational discount rates:

hardware				38% (43% if you or your adviser
						is a presidential young
						investigator (PYI))
c/ansi c and f77			90%
other software and documentation	50%

the above rates _may_ vary from one university to another.

regards,

lawrence anthony
lza@ulysses.caltech.edu