[comp.sys.hp] need a termcap entry for hp300h console terminal

nico@Micrognosis.Los-Gatos.CA.US (Speaker-to-Workstations) (04/25/91)

Does anybody have a termcap definition for a Hewlett-Packard hp300h
console terminal?  I need to support it on my sparcstation, and it's not
in the standard SunOS termcap, and it's not in the standard HP-UX termcap!
(HP uses the terminfo database instead of termcap, which _does_ contain a
300h definition).

Alternatively, a program that converts from terminfo to termcap?
Like captoinfo(8V), but in reverse!

Thanks in advance for any help with this,
Nico
--
 nico@micrognosis.los-gatos.ca.us
 Vique's Law: "A man without religion is like a fish without a bicycle."

rer@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Rob Robason) (05/03/91)

nico> Does anybody have a termcap definition for a Hewlett-Packard
nico> hp300h console terminal?

nico> Alternatively, a program that converts from terminfo to termcap?
nico> Like captoinfo(8V), but in reverse!

HP-UX comes with a utility called untic(1) which "uncompiles" terminfo
entries.  The result is not a TERMCAP entry, but its' close enough that
you should be able to use it to generate one.

Rob Robason
Even though I work for HP, this is my personal advice: don't sue HP
if it doesn't work.  Anyone who thinks HP people shouldn't post here,
please ignore this message.

paul@prcrs.prc.com (Paul Hite) (05/06/91)

In article <5570621@hpfcdc.HP.COM>, rer@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Rob Robason) writes:
> nico> Does anybody have a termcap definition for a Hewlett-Packard
> nico> hp300h console terminal?
>
> nico> Alternatively, a program that converts from terminfo to termcap?
> nico> Like captoinfo(8V), but in reverse!
>
> HP-UX comes with a utility called untic(1) which "uncompiles" terminfo
> entries.

I missed the original post.  HP-UX comes with a utility called infocmp.
It can do everything you could ever want to a terminfo entry.  If you
do much work with terminfo entries, you should check it out.  Among its
many capabilities is the ability to translate terminfo back to termcap.

Just in case the original poster has a hp300h terminal but no hp system:

<23> infocmp -C hp300h
300h|hp300h|hp 300:\
        :am:da:db:mi:xs:bs:pt:\
        :co#128:li#46:sg#0:ug#0:kn#12:\
        :al=\EL:bt=\Ei:cd=\EJ:ce=\EK:ch=\E&a%dC:\
        :cl=\E&a0y0C\EJ:cm=\E&a%dy%dC:ct=\E3:cv=\E&a%dY:\
        :dc=\EP:dl=\EM:ei=\ER:if=/usr/lib/tabset/9837:\
        :im=\EQ:k1=\Ep:k2=\Eq:k3=\Er:k4=\Es:k5=\Et:\
        :k6=\Eu:k7=\Ev:k8=\Ew:kb=\b:kd=\EB:ke=\E&s0A:\
        :kh=\Eh:kl=\ED:kr=\EC:ks=\E&s1A:ku=\EA:nd=\EC:\
        :se=\E&d@:so=\E&dB:st=\E1:ue=\E&d@:up=\EA:\
        :us=\E&dD:nl=\EB:\
        :ko=do,nd,up,dc,dl,cd,ce,st,im,al,ei,ct:
<24>

Paul Hite   PRC Realty Systems  McLean,Va   paul@prcrs.prc.com    (703) 556-2243
        You can't tell which way the train went by studying its tracks.