[comp.sys.hp] HP VEE Software

lost@kaos.mbari.org (Steve Lowder) (05/10/91)

From: lost@random.mbari.org (Steve Lowder)
Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp
Subject: HP VEE software.
I'd like to find out the HP part numbers for the HP VEE softare for
series 300 and 800. If someone out there knows them I'd appreciate a
reference. At MBARI we do not have an HP Sales Rep to call for this
type of information.
                                     thanks,
                                     Steve

stanb@hpnmdla.hp.com (Stan Bischof) (05/14/91)

From May 9 , 1991 issue of Electronic Design, pg 143:

- VEE runs on series 300/400, HPUX 7.0, X windows
- min RAM = 8 meg

VEE-Engine is HP E2100A and lists at $995

VEE-Test (VEE-engine plus instrument control) is HP E2110A and is $5000 list.

delivery 4 weeks

contact:
   Hewlett Packard Co.
   Measurement Systems Operation
   P.O. Box 301
   Loveland Colorado 80539

phone:
   (800) 752-0900

*************************************
Stan Bischof
HP-NMD

btw: I have used this product a fair amount and highly recommend it!

stanb@hpnmdla.hp.com (Stan Bischof) (05/14/91)

See preceding response for VEE info---see below for triviality!

MBARI is right next door to the Packard Aquarium isn't it? If so
seems quite reasonable that you could get in contact with HP
thru them. Why not wander next door and give Dave a call? Surely
he could help answer your questions about any HP items or at least
have the pull to make sure they get answered!

Stan Bischof
HP-NMD

cola@hplvec.LVLD.HP.COM (Ken Colasuonno) (05/14/91)

>   I'd like to find out the HP part numbers for the HP VEE softare for
>   series 300 and 800. If someone out there knows them I'd appreciate a
>   reference. At MBARI we do not have an HP Sales Rep to call for this
>   type of information.

Steve:
   Here are the part numbers for the two products.  Order VEE-Test if
you are doing any I/O to instruments.  (HP-IB, Serial or GPIO)

Ken

            Ordering information for HP VEE

HP E2110A  HP VEE-Test for Series 300 and 400 DIO-II
           License to Use                                       $4900

Opt. AAO   Media on 1/4" (16 track) tape                          $50
Opt. AAF   Media on CD-ROM                                        $50
Opt. ABA   English Documentation                                  $50
Opt. ABD   German Documentation                                   $50
Opt. ABF   French Documentation                                   $50
Opt. ABJ   Japanese Documentation                                 $50

Note: Only one media and one documentation option can be ordered for each
HP E2110A product.

HP E2100A  HP VEE-Engine for Series 300 and 400
           License to Use                                        $895

Opt. AAO   Media on 1/4" (16 track) tape                          $50
Opt. AAF   Media on CD-ROM                                        $50
Opt. ABA   English Documentation                                  $50
Opt. ABD   German Documentation                                   $50
Opt. ABF   French Documentation                                   $50
Opt. ABJ   Japanese Documentation                                 $50

Note: HP VEE-Engine is NOT a run-only environment to HP VEE-Test.  HP
VEE-Test solutions which use I/O objects will **NOT** run on HP VEE-Engine.

Note: Only one media and one documentation option can be ordered for each
HP E2100A product.

marka@hpfcse.HP.COM (Mark Ahrens) (05/15/91)

    From: lost@random.mbari.org (Steve Lowder)
    Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp