[comp.sys.hp] 32 user run-time license

anthony@nntp-server.caltech.edu (Lawrence Anthony) (05/06/91)

In article <NENAAS.91Apr30101122@ulrik.uio.no> nenaas@ulrik.uio.no (Nils-Eivind Naas) writes:

>I was offered, and ordered, a multi-user extension to the 2-user licence
>on a 720. The HP part number is 82359A, and is stated to be a 32-user licence.
>My salesman may have made a typing error,however; I distinctly remember him
>mentioning a 16-user licence in our first conversation.
>
>I will not know for certain until delivery is made some time in July, but all
>the evidence points to the availability of at least 16-user licences.
>
>Nils-Eivind Naas, ISAF,Oslo   nen@isaf.no   or nenaas@ulrik.uio.no

I have a copy of the relevant page in the hp catalog and it says:

B2353A  HP-UX 8.05 Run-Time Environment, 32 user.  U.S. List $1,895

Lawrence Anthony
anthony@csvax.cs.caltech.edu

graham@hparc0.HP.COM (Graham Eddy) (05/20/91)

#include <std/disclaimer.h>

i understand "no. users" to be calculated as follows:
    no. users = no. real ttys logged in irrespective of usernames +
		no. userNAMEs logged in over LAN irrespective of no. ptys
i don't say this good.  i don't say it is bad.  i AM saying that if you
don't like it, contact AT&T who impose the silly rule [ok, i say it's
bad :-)].  there is absolutely no point beating on your vendor who is
fulfilling his legal obligations - would you prefer to be dealing with
someone who doesn't recognise his contractual obligations?

-graham