[comp.sys.hp] GNU Make 3.59 on hp300 running hp-ux 7.0

sboucher@siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca (Stephane Boucher (PFE)) (05/24/91)

I think I did a mistake while posting this message, so here it is
again.  If you get this for the second time I apologize.

Just a small question:

	Did anyone manage to have GNU make 3.59 running on an hp300
running HP-UX 7.0. I did manage to compile it, but it won't work (core
dump).

	So if anyone has manage to make it run I would be grateful if
you could give me a hint. The makefile roughly is configured as follow:

defines = -DHPUX -DUSG -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT -DHAVE_DUP2
LOAD_AVG =-DNO_LDAV
ARCHIVES = arscan.o ar.o
ARCHIVES_SRC = arscan.c ar.c
LOADLIBES =-lPW
REMOTE =
extras =

	You can respond by email.

Thanks in advance. And sorry if this is a FAQ.
--
Stephane Boucher
sboucher@info.polymtl.ca

wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt) (05/27/91)

In article <SBOUCHER.91May23163320@von-neumann.siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca> sboucher@siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca (Stephane Boucher (PFE)) writes:

> I think I did a mistake while posting this message, so here it is
> again.  If you get this for the second time I apologize.
>
> Just a small question:
>
> 	Did anyone manage to have GNU make 3.59 running on an hp300
> running HP-UX 7.0. I did manage to compile it, but it won't work (core
> dump).
>
> 	So if anyone has manage to make it run I would be grateful if
> you could give me a hint. The makefile roughly is configured as follow:
>
> defines = -DHPUX -DUSG -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT -DHAVE_DUP2
> LOAD_AVG =-DNO_LDAV
> ARCHIVES = arscan.o ar.o
> ARCHIVES_SRC = arscan.c ar.c
> LOADLIBES =-lPW
> REMOTE =
> extras =

i am currently using the following configuration and it seems to work
fine.

defines = -DUSG -DUSGr3 -DHPUX -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT -DHAVE_DUP2
LOAD_AVG = -DNO_LDAV
ARCHIVES = arscan.o ar.o
ARCHIVES_SRC = arscan.c ar.c
LOADLIBES =
REMOTE =
extras =

(i also compiled this using GCC, which may make a difference, but i am
not sure...)

-wayne

rwelch@isis.cs.du.edu (Randy S. Welch) (05/27/91)

   From: wayne@dsndata.uucp (Wayne Schlitt)
   Newsgroups: comp.sys.hp
   Date: 26 May 91 19:25:28 GMT
   Sender: wayne@dsndata.UUCP

   In article <SBOUCHER.91May23163320@von-neumann.siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca> sboucher@siegfried.vlsi.polymtl.ca (Stephane Boucher (PFE)) writes:

   > I think I did a mistake while posting this message, so here it is
   > again.  If you get this for the second time I apologize.
   >
   > Just a small question:
   >
   > 	Did anyone manage to have GNU make 3.59 running on an hp300
   > running HP-UX 7.0. I did manage to compile it, but it won't work (core
   > dump).
   >
   > 	So if anyone has manage to make it run I would be grateful if
   > you could give me a hint. The makefile roughly is configured as follow:
   >
   > defines = -DHPUX -DUSG -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT -DHAVE_DUP2
   > LOAD_AVG =-DNO_LDAV
   > ARCHIVES = arscan.o ar.o
   > ARCHIVES_SRC = arscan.c ar.c
   > LOADLIBES =-lPW
   > REMOTE =
   > extras =

   i am currently using the following configuration and it seems to work
   fine.

   defines = -DUSG -DUSGr3 -DHPUX -DHAVE_SYS_WAIT -DHAVE_DUP2
   LOAD_AVG = -DNO_LDAV
   ARCHIVES = arscan.o ar.o
   ARCHIVES_SRC = arscan.c ar.c
   LOADLIBES =
   REMOTE =
   extras =

   (i also compiled this using GCC, which may make a difference, but i am
   not sure...)

   -wayne

If I remember correctly if you are compiling make on the HP you need to
use alloca.c ( if you are using the hp compiler ).

On a side note, does HP-UX 8.X suport multiple file systems on a disk, and
can one take a form that is used on a LaserJet 2000 on a LaserJet IIIsi?

-randy ( Greetings dsndata! )

--
Randy Welch   Mail to :  randy@bldr.UUCP or rwelch@isis.uucp or
Boulder, CO              rwelch@isis.cs.du.edu or (303) 442-6717