[comp.sys.hp] Anyone still using HP-1000's?

mbeck@ai.mit.edu (Mark Becker) (05/22/91)

I was going through some papers (cleaning up the place) and discovered
notes I had taken over ten years ago regarding a DTS-70 (Digital Test
Station).  At the time I was a test equipment engineer doing a lot of
work on a '70 relative to testing loaded printed circuit boards.

I haven't seen a '70 in almost six years... nor an HP-1000.  Anyone
still using them?

Regards,
Mark
+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------+
| Mark Becker					| .signature under	|
| Internet: mbeck@ai.mit.edu			|	construction	|
+-----------------------------------------------+-----------------------+

panguyen@vela.acs.oakland.edu (panguyen) (05/22/91)

I know for a fact that 90% of dynanometer cell unit at GM Tech Center (
where I currently work ) are HP-1000 hosts.
Why are u curious about it ?
Peter Nguyen
email:panguyen@vela.acs.oakland.edu

gerwitz@hpcore.Kodak.Com (Paul Gerwitz) (05/22/91)

In article <16056@life.ai.mit.edu>, mbeck@ai.mit.edu (Mark Becker) writes:
|> I was going through some papers (cleaning up the place) and discovered
|> notes I had taken over ten years ago regarding a DTS-70 (Digital Test
|> Station).  At the time I was a test equipment engineer doing a lot of
|> work on a '70 relative to testing loaded printed circuit boards.
|>
|> I haven't seen a '70 in almost six years... nor an HP-1000.  Anyone
|> still using them?
|>
|> Regards,
|> Mark

You bet, I'm still supporting 50 HP/1000's of various vintages (e/f/A).  They
have been the most reliable process control machines we have, take a
licking and keep on ticking.

 | Paul F Gerwitz  WA2WPI  | SMTP: gerwitz@kodak.com                          |
 | Eastman Kodak Co        | UUCP: ..uunet!atexnet!kodak!eastman!gerwitz      |

mehaf@hpcuhe.cup.hp.com (John Mehaffey) (05/28/91)

>I haven't seen a '70 in almost six years... nor an HP-1000.  Anyone
>still using them?

I use one all the time.  Matter of fact, I am designing a new one
right now!  Here comes the A990.

bye,
mehaf