[comp.sys.hp] SIMMS for LaserJet IIIsi.

logier@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au (Rob Logie) (05/28/91)

I am about to get a HP LaserJet IIIsi printer and I believe that it
uses SIMMS for memory.
Does any one know what type of SIMMS it uses and how many it can take.
Also does it need any special memory boards to mount them in etc.

Thanks in Advance

--
Rob Logie                                    EMAIL: logier@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au
Telecom Australia                            FAX:   +61 7 837 4704

cortesi@informix.com (David Cortesi) (05/30/91)

In article <see-References> logier@cheops.qld.tne.oz.au (Rob Logie) writes:
>I am about to get a HP LaserJet IIIsi printer and I believe that it
>uses SIMMS for memory.

It does. Appendix G of the manual tells the user how to install
SIMMs. The sockets are behind the right-hand-side cover.  The SIMMs
can be 1M or 4M, and these sizes can be mixed. I don't have access
to the manual now so can't tell you how many SIMMs it can hold.

>Does any one know what type of SIMMS it uses and how many it can take.

I too would like an answer to this question! The manual was
unspecific.  An HP serviceperson has advised our MIS department
that the SIMMs must be obtained from HP, that they are *not* the
standard sort one can buy from many sources.  This seems remarkable,
and I would very much appreciate independent confirmation!

>Also does it need any special memory boards to mount them in etc.

The line-drawings in Appendix G make it clear that one simply snaps
the SIMMs into the sockets.

>Thanks,

S'nothin'

cortesi@informix.com