[comp.sys.hp] 8mm EXABYTE

jacob@informatik.uni-kl.de (Philip Jacob) (06/06/91)

We're using a EXABYTE-drive since 2 or 3 years now together with a
400/300. After receiving Version 7.05 I tried the scsiitape-driver (57)
instead of the delivered herstal-driver and I had no problems using
cpio,tar,etc. ...  writing or reading form the tape.

  Ciao Phil

| Email: jacob@informatik.uni-kl.de                                          |
| Tel:  (631) 205 2889 / FAX: (631) 205 3270 (Germany)                       |
| Mail: Philip Jacob                                                         |
|       D6750 Kaiserslautern                                                 |
|       Universitaet Kaiserslautern                                          |
|       FB Informatik / AG Computergraphik                                   |

ian@rathe.cs.umn.edu (Ian Hogg) (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun6.081652.1669@incas.informatik.uni-kl.de> jacob@informatik.uni-kl.de (Philip Jacob) writes:
>We're using a EXABYTE-drive since 2 or 3 years now together with a
>400/300. After receiving Version 7.05 I tried the scsiitape-driver (57)
>instead of the delivered herstal-driver and I had no problems using
>cpio,tar,etc. ...  writing or reading form the tape.

  Great. How about posting the bits for the minor number.  The device driver
  from Perfect Byte has bits for auto-rewind/no-rewind and fixed-block/variable-
  sized blocks.  Does the unsupported scsi tape driver support any of these?

--
Ian Hogg                        email:  rathe!ian@cs.umn.edu
                                        ...!umn-cs!rathe!ian