[comp.sys.hp] sc for hpux 7.05

vollath@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Ulrich Vollath) (06/07/91)

Has anyone managed to successfully compile sc (the spreadsheet calculator)
on hpux 7.05 (on a hp 9000/425t) ?
I used -DSYSV3, and the screen doesn't update, until pressing <cntrl>\, then
all expected screen action are seen, and then the expected core dump.
Look like curses problems.
Any hints or solution?
Thanks in advance
Ulrich Vollath
--

Ulrich Vollath                 email: vollath@lan.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Munich Institute of Technology voice: 004989/2105-8102 (result: -8099.62992874)

mullins@convex.com (Don Mullins) (06/07/91)

In <1991Jun7.064524.5190@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> vollath@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Ulrich Vollath) writes:

>Has anyone managed to successfully compile sc (the spreadsheet calculator)
>on hpux 7.05 (on a hp 9000/425t) ?
>I used -DSYSV3, and the screen doesn't update, until pressing <cntrl>\, then
>all expected screen action are seen, and then the expected core dump.
>Look like curses problems.
>Any hints or solution?

    I too am at a loss.  I am running 7.0 as well.  I also found that ^Z
    would update then suspend, and Q would update and quit.

    I tried compiling with the switches for broken curses both on and off; no
    luck.  There is some mention of HP-UX 7.0 in the Makefile comments, so
    maybe someone holds the key.

Don

--
Don Mullins       mullins@convex.COM  {uiucuxc, uunet, sun, ...}!convex!mullins
Product Engineering              Convex Computer Corporation, Richardson, Texas

gordon@maxwell.waterloo.edu (Gordon R. Strachan) (06/07/91)

In article <mullins.676304198@convex.convex.com> mullins@convex.com (Don Mullins) writes:
>In <1991Jun7.064524.5190@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE> vollath@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Ulrich Vollath) writes:
>

>>Has anyone managed to successfully compile sc (the spreadsheet calculator)
>>on hpux 7.05 (on a hp 9000/425t) ?
>>I used -DSYSV3, and the screen doesn't update, until pressing <cntrl>\, then
>>all expected screen action are seen, and then the expected core dump.
>>Look like curses problems.
>>Any hints or solution?
>
>    I too am at a loss.  I am running 7.0 as well.  I also found that ^Z
>    would update then suspend, and Q would update and quit.
>
>    I tried compiling with the switches for broken curses both on and off; no
>    luck.  There is some mention of HP-UX 7.0 in the Makefile comments, so
>    maybe someone holds the key.

There is a problem with sc not resetting the stty setting.  Actually I think it
is the curses library that is at fault.  I hacked it get it to work on my
345 v7.0.  I think I commented out one of the last resetting functions in the
curses library when sc was returning to cooked mode.  I have the source dumped
off on tape at the moment so I can't be sure.  If you are still stuck send me
mail and I can send you the diffs or the compiled code if you like.

>Don

Gordon