[comp.sys.hp] X11r4 availability

ccrth@lut.ac.uk (Rob Thirlby) (06/07/91)

Can some kind person remind me how to ftp the version of x11r4 to run
on HP-UX7.0 ?  I have mislaid the information adn it has timed out from
our news archives.

Yours,

Rob Thirlby

gabby@gabs.lbl.gov (Gabby Obegi) (06/08/91)

In article <1991Jun07.152756.6522@lut.ac.uk> rob@uk.ac.lut(Rob Thirlby) writes:

>Can some kind person remind me how to ftp the version of x11r4 to run
>on HP-UX7.0 ?  I have mislaid the information adn it has timed out from
>our news archives.

You can get it through anonymous ftp from me10.lbl.gov.

-gab
Gabby Obegi, CAE Systems Manager
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
MS 90-2148                                                 (415) 486-5209
1 Cyclotron Rd                                       Fax:  (415) 486-6668
Berkeley, CA. 94720                             Internet: G_Obegi@LBL.gov

-Gab

jbb@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com (Jim B. Byers) (06/11/91)

Also you can get the R4 server from hpcvaaz (15.255.72.15).  This is
the server based on the 7.03 R4 server.  It was modified to also
run fast on the 98550 graphics card (1280x1024 8 plane).  It is much
faster than the R4 server on many displays and contains many bug
fixes over the one from MIT.  It is a supported server on Series
300 and 400 7.x systems.

It is available via anonymous ftp in pub/XServers

Jim Byers
Interface Technology Operation
Hewlett Packard

Any theorem in Analysis can be fitted onto an arbitrarily small piece of
paper if you are sufficiently obscure.

ccrth@lut.ac.uk (Rob Thirlby) (06/11/91)

Unfortunately, I forgot to state that my interest was in HP-UX7.0 on
800 series machines.  Am I looking for something that never existed?

Yrs,

Rob Thirlby