[comp.sys.hp] Need Modula2 on HP9000/700

gnatz@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Rupert Gnatz) (06/04/91)

In an educational environment, we need  Modula2  on HP9000/720.

Any information on software houses or distibutors (preferably in Germany)
is appreciated.

Thanks in advance for responding
                             Rupert

Rupert Gnatz
Institut fuer Informatik
Technische Universitaet Muenchen
Arcisstr. 21
D-8000 Muenchen 2

FAX:  ++49 89 2800529

piet@cs.ruu.nl (Piet van Oostrum) (06/06/91)

 RG> In an educational environment, we need  Modula2  on HP9000/720.

 RG> Any information on software houses or distibutors (preferably in Germany)
 RG> is appreciated.

You might try A+L:

    .....           Albert Meier    Tel.  +41/65/52 03 11
   .. ....          A+L AG, Daederiz 61, CH-2540 Grenchen
  ..   ....
 .......A+L.        E-Mail      aplusl@ifi.ethz.(ch/UUCP)
..       .......             ...mcvax!cernvax!ethz!aplusl
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.ruu.nl>

kjc@and.cs.liv.ac.uk (06/07/91)

In article <1991Jun4.091818.18770@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE>, gnatz@Informatik.TU-Muenchen.DE (Rupert Gnatz) writes:

> In an educational environment, we need  Modula2  on HP9000/720.
>
> Any information on software houses or distibutors (preferably in Germany)
> is appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance for responding
>                              Rupert
>
> Rupert Gnatz
> Institut fuer Informatik
> Technische Universitaet Muenchen
> Arcisstr. 21
> D-8000 Muenchen 2
>
> FAX:  ++49 89 2800529

Someone told me (a long, long time ago) that DEC had a PD version of
Modular 3 (Three) written in C available at dec.com.
I didn't investigate it at the time but if true you could try there - you
would almost certainly have to do some serious work to get it running under
HPUX.

Kenny Chan

email: kjc@uk.ac.liv.cs.and

postal: Kenneth Chan
        Computer Science Department
        University Of Liverpool
        PO Box 147
        Liverpool
        L69 3BX
        UK

marvit@hplpm.hpl.hp.com (Peter Marvit) (06/07/91)

I have some ancient source for Modula-2, completely untested.  You'll
find the compressed cpio archive available via anonymous ftp on
hplpm.hpl.hp.com in ~pub/MOD300.cpio.Z.

I have never played with this source so cannot answer any questions about
it. I was told it compiled on a s300 a long time ago.

	-Peter "prefers Scheme" Marvit

: Peter Marvit   Hewlett-Packard Labs in Palo Alto, CA   (415) 857-6646    :
: Internet: <marvit@hplabs.hpl.hp.com>  uucp: {any backbone}!hplabs!marvit :

mike@hpwin052.HP.COM (Mike Croom) (06/11/91)

There used to be a German Software house who wrote a Modula 2 for the
300 series. I guess they are in the HP 3rd party catalogue.

Mike croom