[comp.sys.hp] AMD on HP700 under HP-UX 8.01

jtb@cs.ed.ac.uk (Jo Blishen) (06/17/91)

I have access to an HP 700 for a week to evaluate it and I'm trying to
get AMD5.2 going on it (we can't cope with machines without automounters
round here).  The 700 is running HP-UX 8.01.

I have compiled AMD5.2, but it works only intermittently.  I'm seeing
a lot of problems with error-hooks and mounting multiple copies of
filesystems.  I am about to try and find an alpha release of AMD5.3,
but I thought I'd ask here as well.

Has anyone else had these problems and (even better) solved them?

Jo

--
Jo Blishen                         JANET: jtb@uk.ac.ed.lfcs
LFCS, Dept. of Computer Science    UUCP:  ..!mcvax!ukc!lfcs!jtb

gabby@gabs.lbl.gov (Gabby Obegi) (06/18/91)

In article <12669@skye.cs.ed.ac.uk> jtb@cs.ed.ac.uk (Jo Blishen) writes:
>I have compiled AMD5.2, but it works only intermittently.  I'm seeing
>a lot of problems with error-hooks and mounting multiple copies of
>filesystems.  I am about to try and find an alpha release of AMD5.3,
>but I thought I'd ask here as well.

We've been running amd 5.2 on the series 300/400 for about six month now.
Although we've had the problem of amd 5.2 mounting multiple copies of the same
file system, it hasn't been too serious.  I think it does this if you don't use
the sublink option.  Anyway, I've been running amd 5.3 Alpha 12 on my system
for about four weeks and haven't encountered any problems with it yet.

-gab
Gabby Obegi, CAE Systems Manager
Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory                               (415) 486-5209
1 Cyclotron Rd.  MS 90-2148                          Fax:  (415) 486-6668
Berkeley, CA. 94720                             Internet: G_Obegi@LBL.gov
-Gab