[comp.sys.hp] <None>

** Sender Unknown ** (12/20/89)

Sum
Day: don't muis o around > Mfunction names
Or
Or

> RDecDecDang bng bnitudrga TH TH >s.
>srtanICgpu.
> i"."."razTo To TMarwzatitetet Scto
tke
kniznizn if  if  fMellge oge ogW.
W.ve trve trvrewin WFro
Fro
 m m e one. Eabooo	-in
in

TY.YY.YYteshould.20Liner
youclemclemcs
Sas prob78have ahave ah111.edu.edu.ompmaisuent.{ O
tr
Snketnes
n arg arg
TY

TY
 TH ustuustuuTo:
T:54@:54@:tewzozoz
>.

>.rmarmar
T666Pathns
Li
Li

Irgae/harges
oda(C((C((nce,C:98989cneer78ing to
msmsmJoJoJl,on oon oofemharDecDecD 16:.EDU.EDU.U
Udurdurderks)ieny re2 e2 eUUC.edu>.edu>.TITITmiwithwithwurdurdu(C((C((f t Nurduw.uunewsnewsn.

Tgo.
In st ast as!t!t!Pheludl bl blOr
Or
7thinthintt a
tstetivI hCtudutuduts 1OS(Caisusus ANrgae#!##!##harghargh
SnepepeCouCouC.UC p
TutexRIRIRare
a@hugggve icve icvba tba tbzatitwuin Wthe d
In  I  I  >soy(C(iturwzshoushousydtterghucpe!

decot@hpisod2.HP.COM (Dave Decot) (12/23/89)

Path-Lost@hubdub.HP.COM writes:

> Sum
> Day: don't muis o around > Mfunction names
> Or
> Or
>
> > RDecDecDang bng bnitudrga TH TH >s.
> >srtanICgpu.
> > i"."."razTo To TMarwzatitetet Scto
> tke
> kniznizn if  if  fMellge oge ogW.
> W.ve trve trvrewin WFro
> Fro
>  m m e one. Eabooo	-in

You have your screen sideways, and your keyboard has holiday punch in it.

Dave Decot
HP

shevs@vxs.mdcbbs.com (06/20/91)

Alek Komarnitsky writes:

> Having said that, let me add to the above thread that I would really (!)
> like to see HP come up to snuff on NFS. I realize that it's a
> product trademarked by those upstarts in Mt View, and that NFS may not be
> the greatest protocol around. However, it is an absolute KEY part of a
> hetergeneous UNIX network. BTW, we are currently trying to track down a NFS
> problem from our Apollo (apollings?) to our HP's - doesn't happen to the Sun's!
>
> I think very highly of HP, and am writing this in hope that others need
> a full-up NFS on HP's & Apollo's, and that HP management will move it to
> the RIGHT side of the "cut line."

We have decided to use HP 720's with 750 file servers and NFS is inadequate at
this time for fileserving.  I feel that the anticipation of DCE and OSF is
overshadowing any possible NFS enhancements.  It is too bad...
I need a solution NOW.
--

Ken Kaliszewski
McDonnell Douglas M&E