[comp.sys.cbm] 1520 paper and FASTLOAD with C-Power

moran@drupa.UUCP (01/23/87)

Does anyone know of a source for paper for the 1520 printer/plotter?
The paper sold at Radio Shack is to narrow.

Will the FASTLOAD cartridge work with C-Power?  I am going to get a cartridge
to speed up disk operations and don't know whether to get the Proline
GT4 cartridge or the FASTLOAD cartridge.

                              John Moran
                              (303) 538-3940

dwl10@amdahl.UUCP (01/26/87)

In article <958@drupa.UUCP> moran@drupa.UUCP (MoranJC) writes:
>Will the FASTLOAD cartridge work with C-Power?  I am going to get a cartridge
>to speed up disk operations and don't know whether to get the Proline
>GT4 cartridge or the FASTLOAD cartridge.

Yes, FASTLOAD works. However, there are a few pointers necessary to make
it work correctly.

After booting the shell, before executing the compiler, and AFTER
executing the compiler do the following shell commands:

		disk u;
		disk i0:

I also do this in the editor before scratching any files, and before
saving any files.

Other than that, it is well worth the expense. The initial compiler load
is only about 6 seconds.

                               Dave Lowrey

"So it goes, so it goes, so it goes, so it goes. But where it's
 going, nobody knows"   [Nick Lowe]
                                ...!{ihnp4,cbosgd,hplabs}!amdahl!dwl10

[ The opinions expressed <may> be those of the author and not necessarily
  those of his most eminent employer. ]

tlm@newton.UUCP (01/29/87)

In article <958@drupa.UUCP> moran@drupa.UUCP (MoranJC) writes:
>Does anyone know of a source for paper for the 1520 printer/plotter?
>The paper sold at Radio Shack is to narrow.
>
>Will the FASTLOAD cartridge work with C-Power?  I am going to get a cartridge
>to speed up disk operations and don't know whether to get the Proline
>GT4 cartridge or the FASTLOAD cartridge.
>
>                              John Moran
>                              (303) 538-3940

I personally prefer FASTLOAD and utilities (abreviations for "load" etc.)
over GT4 (I have both), but FASTLOAD is not compatible with C-Power. Oh,
it will work well enough if you initialize the disk after every time you
access it but sooner or later it will corrupt your directory. I would have
to turn the disk off and on every time I wanted to compile.

tim.